December 2-4, 2022
Designed for writers at any stage of their writing development to experience a brief but dedicated writing and authorial experience in the company of other writers.
For all queries please call retreat director Virginia Eddy on 0412 708 315
Located at iconic Waterloo Station, just 18 kilometres west of Glen Innes and 50 kilometres east of Inverell in the NSW New England region, the High Country Writers Retreat offers a ‘boutique’ experience where the program is developed to cater specifically to each writer’s most immediate want or need
- Mentoring – Retreaters will have access to writer and business mentor Virginia Eddy for tailored one-to-one sessions; choice of writing workshops and author talks at the concurrent High Country Writers Festival in nearby Glen Innes, and an exclusive guest author session with award-winning writer and journalist Matthew Condon at Waterloo Station Shearers’ Lodgings on Sunday morning
- Writing Time & Challenges – Retreaters will be offered optional guided walks on Waterloo Station’s picturesque pathways, and an optional program of writing tasks… or be inspired to find their own way!
- Accommodation – Retreaters may select from a range of lovingly-renovated rooms or cottages on Waterloo Station, with quiet, climate-controlled quarters and ensuite facilities (some offer shared bathrooms) and linen
- Meals – Included: breakfast (days 2 & 3); lunch (day 2 at festival lunch and book signing, The Makers Shed, Glen Innes); Excluded: dinners (days 1 & 2) are self-catered and you’re invited to eat out in nearby Glen Innes with the festival team or self-cater at Waterloo
- Getting here – Head to our Location & Stays page for more information about travel options